Q: What goals are realistic for prospecting to get appointments?
A: Forget phone prospecting for appointments.
Effective lead generation and list building are about qualifying prospects for future contacts.
That means finding out if your prospect qualifies being added to the front end of your sales funnel.
Picture a crowded room.
Your goal: find the folks interested --- more or less --- in what you offer.
How to do it? Ask for a show of hands.
There, that's the goal of your cold call ---
- finding the right prospects
- separating them from the crowd
- qualifying their interest level
My goodness --- now you have three goals!
Also, view each call as a means for fine tuning your prospect database.
It's a work in progress that never ends!
Know Your Telemarketing Math
Knowing your telemarketing math helps keep your sales prospecting on track.
Outbound B2B telemarketing costs depend on total dials per hour…total decision-maker contacts per phone hour…and total qualified sales leads per phone hour.
Full time out bound telemarketer in business to business telephone program can make 25 to 30 completed calls per day — i.e., call in which decision maker is reached.
Telemarketing Math Basics
Determine (1) cost per out bound telemarketing phone hour, (2) cost per out bound call, (3) cost per qualified sales lead, (4) cost per order (or appointment).
Control of these outbound telemarketing math metrics is vital to any call center’s success.
- Determine break-even points based on outbound telemarketing sales metrics including…product margins…realistic close ratios from qualified sales appointments…realistic average orders…buying cycles — both frequency of purchase and likely dollar amount of repeat orders.
- Include costs for sales literature. Test call scripts, follow-up sales letters and those all important lead nurturing call backs to improve efficiency of your sales marketing lead generation efforts.
- Track results. Set realistic goals. Include number of completed calls per day.…..number of qualified sales leads per day…dollar value of sales per quarter.…appointments made by phone and results of these appointments.
- Want to learn how to write & deliver an effective lead generation-prospect qualifying script? Go here.
Effective Telemarketing Lead Generation
For effective telemarketing lead generation engage your sales prospects.
REAL time follow-up calls establish good rapport...forward the sales process..and keep your prospects and your customers from drifting away.
But most salespeople are too busy or just don't want to make those calls.
B2B phone lead generation process?
There is none! Just farm out the sales leads and leave it to each sales person to bring home the bacon.
Is this how your sales team operates?
Ready to change how you organize and process your B2B phone lead generation call backs?
Try these tips for getting on track with your business sales lead generation follow-up calls.
- Use sales prospecting follow-up to renew relationships with lapsed clients and build your customer base.
- Follow-up calls to your house list are especially important. They build customer loyalty and help keep customers from drifting away.
- Be on time with your follow-up sales calls. Prompt follow-up separates you from the competition and helps build long lasting business relationships.
- Today's business sales prospecting is all about building relationships. And that takes time. The key is follow-up calls. They keep you in front of your prospects.
Work your business sales prospecting follow-up calls into a methodical strategy that moves your prospects through your sales funnel...educating and informing them about what you can do for the