Get Your E-Book SCIENTIFIC ADVERTISING
A “quick read”…91 pages.
Email me…and I will send you your book by return E-mail
my favorite quotes from this book…
- Advertising Campaigns: “Almost any advertising question can be answered cheaply, quickly and finally by a test campaign. And that’s the way to answer them — not by arguments around a table.
- Salesmanship: “Advertising is salesmanship. Treat it like a salesman. Force it to justify itself.”
- Good Business: “…most national advertising is done without justification. It is merely presumed to pay. A little test might show a way to multiply returns.”
- Things Too Costly: “Many things are possible in advertising which are too costly to attempt. That is another reason why every project and method should be weighed and determined by a known scale of cost and result.”
- Letter Writing; “Letters to inquirers, follow-up letters, whenever possible they should be tested. Where that is not possible they should be based on knowledge based on tests.”
- Offer Service:“Remember the people you address are selfish, as we all are. They care nothing about your interests or your profit. They seek service for themselves. Ignoring this fact is a common mistake and a costly mistake in advertising.”
Throughout my website you’ll hear about this book —
But for now, the core of the book and what it can do for you can be summed up in four words:
Spend less…Test More!
No matter what kind of marketing you use to get and keep customers —Internet advertising or print ads, direct response marketing or magazine ads — the same cardinal rule applies: Make Your Market Testing On A Small Scale Before Spending Money On A Large Scale.
Get this book.
- You will never again waste your money on any form of advertising which you cannot track and measure.
- You will be able to test market any product or service for a small fraction of the cost you would normally be talked into spending if you had not read this book.
- You will remove much of the risk from your advertising…regardless of what media you use. From telemarketing to radio to TV to print ads to Internet ads you will be ahead of the game when it comes to marketing your business.
Who Was Claude Hopkins?
Claude C. Hopkins was an advertising genius who lived almost a century ago.
Although he was the highest paid copywriter of his day, he was more than just a great ad writer.
He was a visionary who turned advertising on its head by using scientific principles to test which ads worked…and which failed.
For Hopkins, if you aren’t testing the market by measuring how well (or poorly!) your ads are doing then your advertising is a hit or miss gamble.
In his book SCIENTIFIC ADVERTISING he shows you how to remove this gamble from your advertising.
It’s all here. From making small controlled tests with a limited budget to split copy testing of headlines and short copy vs. long copy.
Not just another memoir of advertising jargon and personal opinion.
This is test marketing wisdom that has stood the test of time.
Indeed, what you get today from any of the notable marketing gurus is simply a repackaging of what Claude Hopkins said nearly a century ago.
Heed his words. They are as relevant today as when first published in 1923.
- “Nobody, at any level, should be allowed to have anything to do with advertising until he has read this book seven times.” – David Ogilvy
- “If Claude Hopkins was alive today, he would absolutely dominate internet marketing.” – Lance Jepsen, Author of: Internet Marketing:Profits That Lie Hidden In Your Website