Is Your Sales Appointment Prospecting A Loser's Game?
Your sales appointment prospecting may be a loser's game.
That's my take on this eye opening report from FORBES online.
Prospecting In The Age Of The Customer
Called 7 NEW RULES FOR PROSPECTING IN THE AGE OF THE CUSTOMER it tells of the massive shift that has taken place in the marketplace of business to business sales.
This upheaval is the relationship between buyer and seller.
Buyers no longer need you the seller in front of them to make intelligent buying decisions.
Your importance to a buyer is diminished if you follow old way selling habits.
Forget sales appointment prospecting.
The digital age has pushed appointment setting off the high ground it held for so many years.
Sales appointment prospecting is now a loser's game.
Sure, face-to-face appointments matter...but their significance in the sales cycle has faded.
The importance of this dynamic for anyone in B2B sales and marketing cannot be understated.
Bottom Line: If your business sales prospecting is going for appointments you are playing a loser's game.
Get over it. Or get yourself another job --- but not in sales.
With that in mind my Business Sales Prospecting Tips may be worth a look.
Business Sales Prospecting Tips
For effective business sales prospecting work the phones.
Engage your sales prospects. Show them you want their business.
Nothing beats real time follow-up by phone for boosting new client sales prospecting efficiency.
Voice-mail or email follow-up don't count.
REAL time follow-up calls establish good rapport...forward the sales process..and keep your prospects and your customers from drifting away.
But most salespeople are too busy or just don't want to make those calls.
Business sales prospecting process? There is none! Just farm out the sales leads and leave it to each sales person to bring home the bacon.
Is this how your sales team operates?
Ready to change how you organize and process your business sales prospecting call backs?
- Use business sales prospecting follow-up to renew relationships with lapsed clients and build your customer base.
- Follow-up calls to your house list are especially important. They build customer loyalty and help keep customers from drifting away.
- Be on time with your follow-up sales calls. Prompt follow-up separates you from the competition and helps build long lasting business relationships.
- Today's business sales prospecting is all about building relationships. And that takes time. The key is follow-up calls. They keep you in front of your prospects.
- Work your business sales prospecting follow-up calls into a methodical strategy that moves your prospects through your sales funnel...educating and informing them about what you can do for the
- Also, go here for DMA 2012 response rate reports for lead generation marketing media. And check out Advertising Age summary on direct mail and phone marketing vs. digital marketing.
If you want better qualified sales leads, higher conversion rates and more revenue per sales lead than is typically achieved by traditional business sales prospecting I can help you.
Also, if you do nothing else today click and read this: