Are Your Outside Sales Managers Developing Sales Drones?
Be it small firm or large multinational— most outside sales managers get promoted because they did a good job in sales.
While sales skills vary, when it comes to translating those skills into making their sales teams succeed the outsidesales managers follow pretty much the same playbook.
Reluctance To Experiment
That playbook has many names --- but following the herd...also known as lock-stepping though daily corporate sales life...is all too common.
Have an idea for improving how your outside sales reps interact with customers?
Want to test a different way of getting and keeping customers?
Sorry, but without top management support and attention even the smallest outside sales experiments go nowhere.
This reluctance to experiment has become epidemic and may already have taken hold of your outside sales and marketing organization.
To buck this trend try these tested sales and marketing
Too many sales managers are sales drones locked into same old drill.Tips for avoiding these costly ways are found in successful direct marketing sales generation strategy.
They are simple, straightforward and easy to implement --- but they work.
Put them to work and you will get more out of every sales dollar you spend.
- Advertising Campaigns: “Almost any advertising question can be answered cheaply, quickly and finally by a test campaign. And that’s the way to answer them --- not by arguments around a table.
- Salesmanship: "Advertising is salesmanship. Treat it like a salesman. Force it to justify itself."[singlepic id=1 w=320 h=240 float=right]
- Good Business: "...most national advertising is done without justification. It is merely presumed to pay. A little test might show a way to multiply returns."
- Things Too Costly: "Many things are possible in advertising which are too costly to attempt. That is another reason why every project and method should be weighed and determined by a known scale of cost and result."
- Letter Writing; "Letters to inquirers, follow-up letters, whenever possible they should be tested. Where that is not possible they should be based on knowledge based on tests."
- Offer Service:"Remember the people you address are selfish, as we all are. They care nothing about your interests or your profit. They seek service for themselves. Ignoring this fact is a common mistake and a costly mistake in advertising."
Heed these words! They are as relevant today as when first published in 1923.
They come from an advertising man named Claude Hopkins.
Although he was the highest paid copywriter of his day, Hopkins was more than just a great ad writer. He was a visionary who turned advertising on its head by using scientific principles to test which ads worked...and which failed.
For Hopkins, if you aren't testing the market by measuring how well (or poorly!) your ads are doing then your advertising is a hit or miss gamble.
In his book SCIENTIFIC ADVERTISING he shows you how to remove this gamble from your advertising.
It’s all here. From making small controlled sales development tests with a limited budget to split copy testing of headlines and short copy vs. long copy.
Not just another memoir of sales development jargon and personal opinion.
This is tested sales development wisdom that has stood the test of time.
Indeed, what you get today from any of the marketing gurus is simply a repackaging of what Claude Hopkins said nearly a century ago.
Regardless of your business or the outside sales marketing and advertising you plan to do, you'll do yourself a HUGE favor by referring to this direct marketing sales development book and the timeless wisdom it contains.
Direct Marketing Outside Sales Development Explained
- "Nobody, at any level, should be allowed to have anything to do with advertising until he has read this book seven times." - David Ogilvy
- "If Claude Hopkins was alive today, he would absolutely dominate internet marketing." - Lance Jepsen, Author of: Internet Marketing:Profits That Lie Hidden In Your Website
Beneficial For Anyone In Marketing Or Sales
- "This will be a beneficial read for anyone in marketing or sales. Even though this book was written 90+ years ago, most of the principles discussed are still relevant today." ...The Book Reviewer
- "Considered the father of modern advertising techniques, Hopkins believed advertising should be measurable and justify the results it produced. In SCIENTIFIC ADVERTISING he explains precisely how to do that, and the principles he discovered and documented are as true today as when they were first written." Travis McAshan, web designer & search marketing consultant.
- "If you're serious about learning about marketing that really works, get this book."...MarkAtwood.com
- "This book is a must read if you're serious about advertising...These methods work. They always have. They always will." Ian Lurie, in Internet Marketing.
In this direct marketing book you will learn to test everything you do on a small scale...before spending money on a larger scale. In this way needless outside sales and marketing blunders are avoided.
It's this no-nonsense approach that has always struck a chord with me...and why I recommend this direct marketing book so highly to my Marketing Direct subscribers.
Bottom Line: Your outside sales and marketing managers and bean counters will smile with approval because the tips for avoiding common outside sales and marketing blunders are based on the tested fundamentals of successful direct marketing sales generation strategy.
If you want better qualified sales leads, higher conversion rates and more revenue per sales lead than is typically achieved by traditional outside sales prospecting this tested direct response marketing book can help you.
Interested? Fill out and email this contact form. I'll contact you within 24 hours by phone to learn what you need and see if I'm a good fit for helping you.
[contact-form-7 id="8207" title="Contact form 1"]