You can laugh at this outreach strategy
...call it old-school and outdated
But it works.
Effective new client outreach calls begins by qualifying your prospects.
Then, once you qualify their interest you can begin the relationship building process...educating them --- over time --- on why they are better off buying from you rather than from your competitors.
But how do you accomplish this in an efficient way?
Start by using a new client o script. Write it yourself. And be yourself!
- Say exactly who you are: The prospect you are calling is at a disadvantage. He or she does not know your name or anything about you. Prospects will refuse to speak with you unless you immediately confront these issues. State the exact reason you are calling. Make your introduction specific and brief...twenty seconds or less.
- Immediately hit upon a benefit to your prospect. A benefit can be a key word or phrase. It should trigger an interest in your prospect --- i.e., make your prospect want to learn more about you.
- Be provocative. Ask open ended questions that cannot be answered "yes" or "no". Your goal is to promote interaction...and get your prospect to reveal information.
- Don't interrupt. Let your prospect do most of the talking.
- Take "No" for an answer. The number one complaint about sales people is they will not take "no" for an answer.
- Qualify your prospect for future contacts. Ask them to suggest what they would like you to to ---- "when do you want me to contact you again?". Drop those prospects who will not suggest a call-back date.
- New client outreach calls are designed to generate a sales lead ---- a prospect you can add to your sales funnel and recontact with a follow-up call.