Market testing B2B is simple, straightforward and easy to implement — but it works.
Do it right and you will get more out of every ad dollar you spend.
Market Testing B2B Wisdom….
- Advertising Campaigns: “Almost any advertising question can be answered cheaply, quickly and finally by a test campaign. And that’s the way to answer them — not by arguments around a table.
- Salesmanship: “Advertising is salesmanship. Treat it like a salesman. Force it to justify itself.”
- Good Business: “…most national advertising is done without justification. It is merely presumed to pay. A little test might show a way to multiply returns.”
- Things Too Costly: “Many things are possible in advertising which are too costly to attempt. That is another reason why every project and method should be weighed and determined by a known scale of cost and result.”
- Letter Writing; “Letters to inquirers, follow-up letters, whenever possible they should be tested. Where that is not possible they should be based on knowledge based on tests.”
- Offer Service:”Remember the people you address are selfish, as we all are. They care nothing about your interests or your profit. They seek service for themselves. Ignoring this fact is a common mistake and a costly mistake in advertising.”
This market testing B2B strategy is as relevant today as when first published in 1923.
They come from an advertising man named Claude Hopkins.
Although he was the highest paid copywriter of his day, Hopkins was more than just a great ad writer. He was a visionary who turned advertising on its head by using scientific principles to test which ads worked…and which failed.
For Hopkins, if you aren’t market testing B2B by measuring how well (or poorly!) your ads are doing then your advertising is a hit or miss gamble.
In his book SCIENTIFIC ADVERTISING he shows you how to remove this gamble from your advertising.
It’s all here. From making small controlled tests with a limited budget to split copy testing of headlines and short copy vs. long copy.
Not just another memoir of advertising jargon and personal opinion.
This is market testing B2B wisdom that has stood the test of time.
Indeed, what you get today from any of the marketing gurus is simply a repackaging of what Claude Hopkins said nearly a century ago.
Interested? Fill out and email this contact form. I’ll contact you within 24 hours by phone to learn what you need and see if I’m a good fit for helping you.
[contact-form-7 id=”8207″ title=”Contact form 1″]