List Building Cold Call Tips for High Value Lead Generation Using Over-the-Phone Sales Prospecting
High value lead generation by list building cold call prospecting requires patience and a methodical sales process that includes real-time follow-up calls.
Voice-mail and email are not enough.
But where do you start. How do you begin?
Start with introductory cold calls that qualify each prospect to determine if your business is a good fit for what they need.
Make your cold call introduction specific and brief...twenty seconds or less.
- Keep your call relaxed, almost informal tone. A list building cold call script you write yourself and are comfortable using will help you accomplish this by giving you confidence and the ability to control each call.
- Effective high value lead generation by phone is about information gathering. Ask specific questions to qualify ---or disqualify--- each prospect and their need for your services.
- Picture a crowded room. Your goal: find the folks interested in your offer. How to do it? Ask for a show of hands. There, that's the goal of your list building cold call --- (1) finding the right prospects; (2) separating them from the crowd; then (3) qualifying their interest level.
- It's here the weak prospects are weeded out...and the better qualified sales leads are engaged for careful and methodical follow-up calls.
- Business prospecting requires educating your prospects --- over time --- on why they are better off buying from you rather than from your competitors.
- Be patient. You'll get more appointments if you build your prospect list with routine follow-up calls.
- High value lead generation by phone marketing is a form of direct marketing. And building float=right]a highly targeted database is the key to any successful direct marketing campaign.
- Therefore, view each call as a means for fine tuning your customer development database. It's a work in progress that never ends!
Improve Your List Building Cold Call Marketing
Get updates on ways Acquiring New Customers by Phone Marketing can help your business grow ---especially in this economy.
Also, go here for DMA 2012 response rate reports for lead generation marketing media. Plus this Advertising Age update on B2B phone marketing.
Also, for further study: