You can laugh at this outreach strategy
...call it old-school and outdated
But it works.
Set a new client outreach test goal — say 30 days — for getting 50 good quality leads from outbound list-building.
Have your outreach person contact 100 prospects.
Have some sort of preparatory mailing.
- Test two ways. (1) Call first…saying “I’d like to send you some thing with your per mission and get back to you after you look it over. You’ll find you can save a lot of money with our services. In fact, we’ll give you a 30% discount on your first order”.
- Second new client outreach test is to call after the mailing…and not before.
- Both methods minimize intrusion factor…making it easier to “get in the door”. Saves time for telemarketer.
- Lead Generation Test vs. Appointment Setting. Make certain your phone people know the purpose behind their calls. Setting appointments vs. qualifying their prospects for future contact. Best to qualify prospects for future contacts BEFORE trying for appointments.
Keep Your Outreach Test Simple
Make your outreach test using one person doing the sales prospecting.
Do not get talked into using multiple phone people for first test.
Because you control who is making your calls and when they are being made, outbound lead generation test costs are much easier to control than inbound costs.
So keep it simple.
- Start with your house list. It's where you'll get your highest response rates.
Does not matter if you outsource to a call center or do it yourself in house, keep your lead generation test simple. Test lead generation sales prospecting on a small scale.
Gradually expand your sales prospecting…but only when test results merit growth.
By testing and measuring sales prospecting response rates you’ll know what’s working…and what’s not.
And careful who you hire!
The right phone prospecting person will prove invaluable.
The wrong person can cause real harm.
Also, if you do nothing else today click and read this:
[contact-form-7 id="8207" title="Contact form 1"]
Improve Your Business Development Phone Prospecting
Also, for further study: