Lead Generation Prospect List Building By Cold Call
Start with introductory cold calls that qualify each prospect to determine if your business is a good fit for what they need.
- Keep your call relaxed, almost informal tone. A sales script you write yourself and are comfortable using will help you accomplish this by giving you confidence and the ability to control each call.
- Lead Generation Prospect List Building by phone is about information gathering. That means finding out if the person you are calling is a qualified sales prospect. Your lead generation sales script guides you into asking specific questions that properly qualify —or disqualify— each prospect.
- Picture a crowded room. Your goal: find the folks interested in your offer. How to do it? Ask for a show of hands. There, that’s the goal of your cold call — (1) finding the right prospects; (2) separating them from the crowd; then (3) qualifying their interest level.
- It’s here the weak prospects are weeded out…and the better qualified prospects are engaged for careful and methodical follow-up calls.
- Lead Generation Prospect List Building requires educating your prospects — over time — on on why they are better off buying from you rather than from your competitors.
- Use Contact Management Programs. Generating qualified B2B sales leads from contact lists scattered about on scraps of paper or on business cards is fine. But enter these prospect names into your contact management program for effective sales prospecting follow-up.
- Be patient. Lead Generation Prospect List Building is process. You’ll get more appointments if you build your prospect list with routine follow-up calls.
- The ripple effect from real-time follow-up calls. Your calls are a form of customer service. These calls can create huge business possibilities…building relationships and a respect for you beyond your normal sales responsibilities.
- Lead Generation Prospect List Building by phone marketing is a form of direct marketing. And building [singlepic id=74 w=220 h=140 float=right]a highly targeted database is the key to any successful direct marketing campaign.
- Therefore, view each call as a means for fine tuning your customer development database. It’s a work in progress that never ends!
Improve Your Lead Generation Prospect List Building
Get updates on ways Acquiring New Customers by Phone Marketing can help your cold call sales process —especially in this economy.
Also, go here for DMA 2012 response rate reports for lead generation marketing media. Plus this Advertising Age update on B2B phone marketing.
Also, for further study:
- Harvard Business Review On Cold Call Sales Prospecting
- 7 New Rules for Prospecting In The Age of The Customer
- Survey of best media for highest QUALITY sales lead generation.