Lead Generation B2B Sales Prospecting Tips
- Use lead generation B2B sales prospecting to renew relationships with lapsed clients and build your customer base.
- Follow-up calls to your house list are especially important. They build customer loyalty and help keep customers from drifting away.
- Be on time with your follow-up sales calls. Prompt follow-up separates you from the competition and helps build long lasting business relationships.
- Today’s B2B appointment setting strategy is all about building relationships. And that takes time. The key is follow-up calls. They keep you in front of your prospects.
- Work your follow-up calls into a methodical strategy that moves your prospects through your sales funnel…educating and informing them about what you can do for them.
- Use sales automation tools. You are at a HUGE disadvantage if you are not using lead generation B2B sales prospecting marketing automation tools for your sales prospecting, lead management and appointment setting process. ACT and also GOLDMINE are big names in this area. My favorite is TELEMAGIC.
Note: Always use a script. It keeps you focused and in control of the call.
Make your introduction short, simple, to the point — something you can deliver in twenty seconds…without being rushed. Relax and be yourself. After that, the rest is easy! Remember, the phone is a great way to build prospect lists, increase customer loyalty and win sales. The secret is to keep your call relaxed, almost informal tone.
Unsettling News For Old Way Lead Generation B2B Sales Prospecting
This article in FORBES may unsettle your prospecting B2B strategy.
Reading it may force you to rethink how you go about getting and keeping customers.
Prospecting B2B In The Age Of The Consumer
Called 7 NEW RULES FOR PROSPECTING IN THE AGE OF THE CUSTOMER it tells of the shift that has taken place in the marketplace of business to business sales.
This upheaval is the relationship between buyer and seller.
Buyers no longer need you the seller in front of them to make intelligent buying decisions.
Your importance to a buyer is vastly diminished if you follow old way selling habits.
Forget prospecting for appointments.
The digital age has pushed appointment setting off the high ground it held for so many years.
Appointment setting is now a loser’s game.
Sure, face-to-face appointments matter…but their significance in the sales cycle has faded.
The importance of this dynamic for anyone in B2B sales and marketing cannot be understated.
Bottom Line: If you are prospecting for appointments you are playing a loser’s game.
Get over it. Or get yourself another job — but not in sales.
If you want better qualified sales leads, higher conversion rates and more revenue per sales lead than is typically achieved by traditional lead generation b2b sales prospecting B2B I can help you.
Get updates on ways my lead generation B2B sales prospecting can help your business grow —especially in this economy. Also, go here for DMA 2012 response rate reports for lead generation marketing media. Plus this Advertising Age update on B2B phone marketing.
Also, if you do nothing else today click and read this: