Finding new clients cold calling is a skill—one that can be learned, honed, perfected.
Here are five effective business development cold calling tips I want you to try.
Not all at once, but one here, one there. Be patient… stick with my strategy.
You’ll see positive results finding new clients cold calling.
Email or call me. I’ll do my best to help you. And please…send me your feedback once you give those tips a try.
- Never “Wing It”. Always use a script. It keeps repetitions, omissions and improper sequencing out of your pitch. They spell trouble when cold calling new customers.
- Keep It Short. Make your introduction brief and to the point. How brief? Twenty to thirty seconds! That’s all you get. So be accurate, concise,and persuasive. Are you starting to see why you need a cold calling script?
- Relax. Dialog and delivery in movies, TV, and plays flows from carefully crafted scripts. Yet these staged conversations sound completely natural and spontaneous. Effective cold call prospecting is no different.Subtle inflections and pauses make your presentation more natural and far more believable.
- Prospect Qualify. Good prospects…weak prospects? Find out who’s who by asking specific questions. For example, “Does this interest you?” Or “When would you like me to recontact you”? Make prospect qualify questions part of every cold call script!
- Test,Test,Test —-but control your variables carefully. Be especially careful with key words or phrases. You might think they don’t matter, but they do! So once you find a winning script, stick with every word of it!
There you go, five ways to jump start your cold call sales prospecting.
Questions? Email or call me.
I’ll do my best to help you. And please…send me your feedback once you give those tips a try.
Improve Your Introductory Cold Calling
Also, go here for DMA 2012 response rate reports for lead generation marketing media. Plus this Advertising Age update on B2B phone marketing.
Also, for further study: