I’m talking about speaking directly with your prospects by phone…
…engaging in real-time, meaningful dialog rather than voice-mail or sending automatic e-mails like you (and your competitors) are used to doing.
That herd mentality —
doing the same thing over and over like everybody else trying to sell you something or win you over to their way of seeing things —
that’s what I want you to put aside for now…
Let’s test a different approach to show your prospects that
What you do is different.
What you offer is different.
And that YOU are different.
This break from the herd strategy is more important than ever because people are more distracted than ever.
This is where effective high-end phone prospecting comes in —
something you are not used to doing yourself…
and probably not something you are used to receiving in your office.
That’s because nobody makes those calls anymore.
At least not the right way!
How I make those calls and why they succeed I’ll get to in a few more paragraphs
(scroll down now, if you can’t wait).
What’s important to grasp now is the importance of positioning —
…branding yourself so your prospect is comfortable not just speaking with you and listening to your “pitch”…
but agreeing to learn more about what you can do for him or her.
That’s important — wanting to learn from you how you plan to help them.
For this to take place you need an effective follow-up process to effectively deal with each prospect you have qualified as a good prospect.
It’s here most sales organizations — maybe yours too — drop the ball.
They lack an effective follow-up process.
This kind of follow-up is not sending out email blasts.
It is NOT one-call appointment setting.
It is NOT hit or miss boiler-room telemarketing.
It’s not a CRM app you download onto your smart phone.
And it’s NOT intrusive or annoying like the telemarketing calls you are used to getting.
But something entirely different.
Call it old-school but effective high-end phone prospecting still works.
And don’t kid yourself.
You know that even if you had time you would do anyting but work the phones and make those real-time follow-up calls.
Just something you are not cut out to do.
So you get other people to make those calls for you.
You hire a telemarketer.
Or you outsource to a telemarketing call center.
And happy you are because no matter who you hire for your telemarketing they tell you the same story — how many dials per hour they make and what you can expect in appointments per day.
Either way you probably end up with the same result — mostly junk leads that go nowhere.
Then there’s your sales rep problem — remember, you’re paying them to bring you new business.
You leave it to them for reaching out to your prospects and to your customers.
But they tell you the same story…over and over —
— how they want to make those calls…but never get around to actually doing it (even your best reps are too busy handling their own customers to develop new ones).
And what about voice-mail and email?
You and everyone else looking for new customers have over-used voice-mail and email so much that your messages are pretty much ignored and left unaswered.
Effective High-end Phone Prospecting Solution
To help you determine if I’m a good fit for what you need I’ll give you a detailed summary of my high-end phone prospecting services.
First of all, I do NOT outsource to call centers.
All the prospecting and follow-up calls I do myself.
Intro call…real-time interaction with decision-maker or get the name of that decision-maker.
- I recommend NOT sending out email until I contact and qualify that individual and once done…I confirm their email and mention I will be sending follow-up to them.
- I email you — immediately — the results of my call and what you are to send the prospect.
- Helpful if you and I figure out what key data points you want collected by me in the opening call.
- Your follow-up email could open like this: My colleague, George Clay, Spoke with you today about blah blah blah…and asked that I follow-up with more info on our services…
- You send the email…and then—according to the time-line given me by the prospect in my intro call — I recontact that prospect real-time and ask if info received..any questions..any needs we can help them with etc….
- I email you immediately their response and at this stage good to either email again and/or snail mail.
- Keep the snail mail and email on-going —educating and informing about special offers, etc.
- That’s the effective high-end phone prospecting process.
Establishing Personal Contact
This is NOT mass volume telemarketing.
Nothing like that.
I do NOT outsource to third party call centers. All sales prospecting and B2B telemarketing I do myself. Period!
What my business development process can do for you…
- Build your prospect list with introductory cold calls.
- Develop these prospects with lead nurturing follow-up calls.
- Get you Appointments by methodically working this prospect list.
- Make your sales process more efficient so every sales lead gets followed up.
- Give you full notes & clear records of each sales prospecting call at all stages.
- Give you DAILY Call Outcome Reports so you can share information and adjust tactics.
- Save you money…by testing small B2B Sales Generation TRIAL PROJECTS.
Improve Your Business Development Lead Generation
Get updates on ways Business Development Phone Marketing can help your business grow —especially in this economy.
Also, go here for DMA 2012 response rate reports for lead generation marketing media. Plus this Advertising Age update on B2B phone marketing.
Also, for further study:
- Harvard Business Review On Cold Call Sales Prospecting
- 7 New Rules for Prospecting In The Age of The Customer
Subscribe for Free
If you’re a growing business you cannot afford to miss these simple but effective sales development techniques. Go ahead and subscribe now!