Direct Response Marketing Sales Generation: A Practical, Cost Effective Approach To Reaching New Markets & Getting New Business Sales Appointments
My Direct Direct Response Marketing sales generation advice is not to rush into a full blown telemarketing campaign.
Start with either yourself making the calls..or hire one person to make the calls for you.
Tested direct response marketing sales generation is simple, straightforward and easy to implement — but it works. Do it right and you will get more out of every ad dollar you spend.
I start the lead qualification process with introductory cold calls that qualify each prospect to determine if your business is a good fit for what they need.
It’s here the weak prospects are weeded out…and the better qualified prospects are engaged for careful and methodical follow-up calls.
This is where the all important relationship building process begins.
With each call I capture key details…including:
- Your prospect’s interest level in your goods or services.
- Identify their needs…learn about existing suppliers… and how YOU can pre-empt the competition.
- Ask the qualifying questions to make certain your offer matches their needs.
- Learn their “hot buttons” — what is it you can do for them that matters most.
Your calls are important…and making sure they’re done right is why I don’t outsource to third party call centers.
Sure this limits the projects I take on.
But I’m here to give you service that stands out from the crowd.
Direct Response Marketing Sales Generation Trial Project
To make working with me pay out for YOU consider a SMALL direct response marketing sales generation trial project.
I develop your prospect list by building solid relationships with key prospects in the markets and the companies you want to reach.
Creating trust with each prospect is my primary goal — NOT making a sale. Your calls are important…and making sure they’re done this way is why I don’t outsource to third party call centers.
Direct Response Marketing Sales Generation Wisdom
- Advertising Campaigns: “Almost any advertising question can be answered cheaply, quickly and finally by a test campaign. And that’s the way to answer them — not by arguments around a table.
- Salesmanship: “Advertising is salesmanship. Treat it like a salesman. Force it to justify itself.”
- Good Business: “…most national advertising is done without justification. It is merely presumed to pay. A little test might show a way to multiply returns.”
- Things Too Costly: “Many things are possible in advertising which are too costly to attempt. That is another reason why every project and method should be weighed and determined by a known scale of cost and result.”
- Letter Writing; “Letters to inquirers, follow-up letters, whenever possible they should be tested. Where that is not possible they should be based on knowledge based on tests.”
- Offer Service:”Remember the people you address are selfish, as we all are. They care nothing about your interests or your profit. They seek service for themselves. Ignoring this fact is a common mistake and a costly mistake in advertising.”
Heed these words! They are as relevant today as when first published in 1923.
They come from an advertising man named Claude Hopkins.
Although he was the highest paid copywriter of his day, Hopkins was more than just a great ad writer. He was a visionary who turned advertising on its head by using scientific principles to test which ads worked…and which failed.
For Hopkins, if you aren’t testing the market by measuring how well (or poorly!) your ads are doing then your advertising is a hit or miss gamble.
In his book SCIENTIFIC ADVERTISING he shows you how to remove this gamble from your advertising.[singlepic id=16 w=320 h=240 float=right]
It’s all here. From making small controlled tests with a limited budget to split copy testing of headlines and short copy vs. long copy.
Not just another memoir of advertising jargon and personal opinion.
This is tested direct response marketing sales generation wisdom that has stood the test of time.
Indeed, what you get today from any of the marketing gurus is simply a repackaging of what Claude Hopkins said nearly a century ago.
Get updates on ways my direct response marketing sales generation by phone can help your business grow —especially in this
economy. Also, go here for DMA 2012 response rate reports for lead generation marketing media. Plus this Advertising Age update on B2B phone marketing.
Also, if you do nothing else today click and read this:
7 New Rules for Prospecting In The Age of The Customer