Customer Acquisition Lead Generation Test using outbound prospecting by phone
Set a customer acquisition lead generation test goal — say 30 days — for getting 50 new qualified b2b sales leads from outbound sales prospecting .
- Contact 300 prospects.[singlepic id=3 w=320 h=240 float=right]
- Have some sort of preparatory mailing. Brief and introductory.
- Test your mailing two ways. First test is to mail only those prospects you qualify by phone.
- Second test is to call after the mailing…and not before.
- While each test has common goal— finding qualified sales prospects you can convert into customers — be patient with your prospecting. Qualify your prospects with routine REAL-TIME follow-up calls before trying for face to face appointments.
Keep Customer Acquisition Lead Generation Test Simple
Have one person doing the sales prospecting. Do not get talked into using multiple phone people for first test.
Because you control who is making your calls and when they are being made, outbound customer acquisition lead generation test costs are much easier to control than inbound costs. So keep it simple.
- Start with your house list. It’s where you’ll get your highest response rates — (this Direct Marketing Association report has the outbound metrics to prove it!).
Does not matter if you outsource to a call center or do it yourself in house, keep your customer acquisition lead generation test simple.
Test on a small scale.
Gradually expand your sales prospecting…but only when test results merit growth. By testing and measuring sales prospecting response rates you’ll know what’s working…and what’s not.
And careful who you hire!
The right phone prospecting person will prove invaluable. The wrong person can cause real harm.
If you want better qualified sales leads, higher conversion rates and more revenue per sales lead than is typically achieved by traditional customer acquisition lead generation development I can help you.
- Get updates on ways my Customer Acquisition Lead Generation Development by phone can help your business grow —especially in this economy. Also, go here for DMA 2012 response rate reports for lead generation marketing media. Plus this Advertising Age update on B2B phone marketing.
Also, if you do nothing else today click and read this: