How to Make Cold Call Business Prospecting Pay Off
Effective cold calling techniques are not all that difficult.
Give these tips a shot…not all at once, but one here, one there. Be patient… stick with my strategy. You’ll see positive results…especially with your cold call phone prospecting.
- Never “Wing It”. Always use a script. It keeps repetitions, omissions and improper sequencing out of your pitch. They spell trouble when you prospect new customers.
- Keep It Short. Make your introduction brief and to the point. How brief? Twenty to thirty seconds! That’s all you get. So be accurate, concise,and persuasive. Are you starting to see why you need a script?
- Relax. Dialog and delivery in movies, TV, and plays flows from carefully crafted scripts.
Yet these staged conversations sound completely natural and spontaneous.
Effective cold calling techniques are no different. Subtle inflections and pauses make your presentation more natural and far more believable.
- Prospect Qualify. Good prospects…weak prospects? Find out who’s who by asking specific questions. For example, “Does this interest you?” Or “When would you like me to recontact you”? Make prospect qualify questions part of every script!
- Test,Test,Test —-but control your variables carefully. Be especially careful with key words or phrases. You might think they don’t matter, but they do! So once you find a winning script, stick with every word of it!
Improve Your Cold Calling Techniques
Get updates on cold call business prospecting to help grow your business —especially in this economy.
Also, go here for DMA 2012 response rate reports for lead generation marketing media. Plus this Advertising Age update on B2B phone marketing.
Also, for further study:
- Harvard Business Review On Cold Call Sales Prospecting
- 7 New Rules for Prospecting In The Age of The Customer
- Survey of best media for highest QUALITY sales lead generation.
Subscribe For Free