How do you handle cold call follow-up?
Start with introductory cold calls that qualify each prospect to determine if your business is a good fit for what they need.
Make your introduction specific and brief...twenty seconds or less.
Keep your call relaxed, almost informal tone. A sales script you write yourself and are comfortable using will help you accomplish this by giving you confidence and the ability to control each call.
Cold call follow-up by phone is about information gathering. That means finding out if the person you are calling is a qualified sales prospect. Your lead generation sales script guides you into asking specific questions that properly qualify ---or disqualify--- each prospect.
Picture a crowded room. Your goal: find the folks interested in your offer.
How to do it? Ask for a show of hands. There, that's the goal of your cold call --- (1) finding the right prospects; (2) separating them from the crowd; then (3) qualifying their interest level.
- It's here the weak prospects are weeded out...and the better qualified prospects are engaged for careful and methodical follow-up calls.
- Cold call follow-up requires educating your prospects --- over time --- on on why they are better off buying from you rather than from your competitors.
- Use contact management programs. Generating qualified B2B sales leads from contact lists scattered about on scraps of paper or on business cards is fine. But enter these prospect names into your contact management program for effective sales prospecting follow-up.
- Be patient. Lead engagement follow-up is process. You'll get more appointments if you build your prospect list with routine follow-up calls.
- Cold Call Follow-up by phone is a form of direct marketing. And building a highly targeted database is the key to any successful direct marketing campaign.
- Therefore, view each call as a means for fine tuning your customer development database. It's a work in progress that never ends!
Improve Your Cold Call Follow-up Process
- Harvard Business Review On Cold Call Sales Prospecting
- 7 New Rules for Prospecting In The Age of The Customer
- Survey of best media for highest QUALITY sales lead generation.
Cold Call Follow-Up
Seven Reasons To Subscribe
1. Tested Lead Engagement Follow-up Tips.
You'll learn how to better engage your sales prospect, build trust, get referrals from your prospects that allow you to make more sales and get more repeat business."Profit in business comes from repeat customers that boast about your product or service, and bring friends with them." ...W. Edwards Deming
2. Effective Lead List-Building .
You'll learn how to build a list of cold call B2B sales prospects into a house list of qualified sales prospects you can market to with new offers for your products and services. "The aim of marketing is to know and understand the customer so well the product or service fits him and sells itself." ... Peter F. Drucker
3. CRM Phone Based Sales Prospecting Lead Generation
You'll learn how to find more new customers, turn more prospects into loyal customers and make more money for your company. “We let folks know we're interested in them and that they're vital to us. cause they are.” ...Sam Walton
4. Test & Measure Your Way To Greater Sales Prospecting Profits.
Small frugal tests are the way to go. I'll share results of what's working in B2B phone marketing...and why! "Almost any (advertising) question can be answered cheaply, quickly and finally by a test campaign. And that's they way to answer them --- not by arguments around a table." ...Claude Hopkins
5. No Sales Prospecting Mumbo Jumbo
What you'll get from me will be clear, concise, maybe at times fun to read! "Our business is infested with idiots who try to impress by using pretentious jargon. David Ogilvy
6. Practical Generating Qualified B2B Sales Leads Tips
Easy-to-use sales prospecting tips you can start using at once to drum up new business and better manage your company's lead engagement follow-up with customers, clients, and sales prospects. "Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice." Anton Chekov
7. Free Direct Marketing E-Book
I saved the best for last! This 96 page book is jammed full of time tested ways to spend less but get more out of your advertising and direct marketing sales prospecting lead generation. "Nobody, at any level, should be allowed to have anything to do with advertising until he has read this book seven times." ...David Ogilvy
Subscribe For Free Today
If you're a growing business you cannot afford to miss out on these practical lead engagement follow-up tips.
Go ahead and sign up now. Your phone can help your business grow ---especially in this economy.