You pick prospects you want developed...any market.
- VP-level executives...CEOs...IT execs...Buyers...OEM or Channel Sales Partners...System Integrators, etc. etc.
- Prospects you've met at trade shows...Customers who have drifted away...Subscribers to your newsletters or webcasts
I give you full notes & clear records of each call at all stages...plus Daily Call Outcome Reports so you can share information and adjust tactics.
You track response and measure results
How the process works
FIRST PHASE: Introductory warm-cold calls to find prospects worth pursuing.
I work the phones.
Weak prospects noted.
Stronger candidates flagged for follow-up.
SECOND PHASE: Best prospects are developed and nurtured by routine call backs.
Again, I'm working the phones and making the calls.
WHAT YOU LEARN: Follow-up calls uncover active selling opportunities you NEVER hear about unless your ear is on the ground!
EXAMPLE: Vendor drops ball...you jump in to prove what you can do.
FEEDBACK: My real-time follow-up calls keep you informed on account activity so you're ready when opportunity knocks.
I give you immediate feedback with full notes and clear records of each call at all stages.
YOU MONITOR ACCOUNT ACTIVITY: Withthese updates you can monitor account activity and jump in whenever a prospect is ready for a face-to-face or wants a demo scheduled or has questions best answered by you or your team.
Getting You Involved
Getting you involved in these business development opportunities boils down to how I interact with your prospect base.
Your prospects get to know me.
And with each follow-up call I get to know them better.
Yes, it's a process.
But you'll discover it makes finding and developing your best business development opportunities a lot easier for you and your team than one call telemarketing ever did.
And because I test everything for you with small trial projects you will NEVER waste your money on your business development sales process going nowhere
Summary of What I Will Do For You
- Build effective lead lists with introductory business development phone prospecting cold calls.
- Develop the qualified sales prospects with lead nurturing follow-up calls.
- Get you Appointments by methodically working this business development lead generation list.
- Make your business development sales process more efficient so every lead gets followed up.
- Give you full notes & clear records of each call at all stages.
- Give you DAILY Call Outcome Reports so you can share information and adjust tactics.
- Save you money…with business development TRIAL PROJECTS.
Getting You Appointments From This Business Development Sales Process
Routine follow-up calls plus e-mail follow-ups work wonders to get you in the door for a face-to-face meeting.
The secret is making your calls with a personal touch that engages your prospects ---- getting them to interact with you one-to-one so they trust doing business with you.
Also, business development lead generation by phone is a form of direct marketing.
And building a highly targeted database is the key to any successful direct marketing campaign.
Therefore, view each call as a means for fine tuning your business development lead generation database. It's a work in progress that never ends!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you prospect qualify?
Good prospects...weak prospects? I find out who's who by asking specific questions.
For example, "Does this interest you?" Or "When would you like me to recontact you"?
Each follow-up call fine tunes a prospect's interest level.
That's why I make prospect qualify questions part of every outsourced sales prospecting script!
- How do you keep track of who to call and when? I use a sales management program that organizes contacts. phone numbers, call back data and call histories into a single database platform.
- How do I know the prospects you qualify are worth MY time? With introductory cold calls I learn who's a good prospect and who's a dud. From there I make routine follow-up calls to further qualify and develop the best business development prospects.
- Have you worked your business development sales process in my specific industry? Top management will insist only salespeople with deep understanding of the markets they are selling can do sales development cold calling.
- It's myth based on ignorance rather than tested cold call business development experience.
- A good over the phone sales person can work any industry. Same goes for face to face sales. The top producers are at home regardless of product or service they sell.
- What about voice-mail? Do you leave messages? Leaving voice mail for customers or prospects who you know well is one thing. But for new prospects it's a waste of time --- theirs AND yours!
- When B2B sales prospecting or making follow-up calls, what do you say? Use a script. This keeps repetitions, omissions and improper sequencing out of my pitch. They spell trouble when it comes to business development phone prospecting.
- What size call list do you need to get started? Keep it simple. 100 or so prospects is plenty. Quantity is good. But quality is better!
Improve Your Business Development Sales Process
Get updates on ways sales prospecting by phone can help your business development sales process ---especially in this economy.
Also, for further study:
- Harvard Business Review On Cold Call Sales Prospecting
- 7 New Rules for Prospecting In The Age of The Customer