B2B Telemarketing Lead Generation Process I Use and Recommend
This tested process incorporates a series of personalized customer experience engagements that contradicts every idea you’ve had about telemarketing.
It completely eliminates the stigma and annoyance of old way cold calling.
It gets your prospects and your customers to “open-up” and discuss what they REALLY want and need from your organization.
Here’s How It’s Done
Never “Wing It“. Always use a script. It keeps repetitions, omissions and improper sequencing out of your pitch (they spell t-r-o-u-b-l-e when it comes to effective lead generation and phone marketing.
- Keep It Short. Make your B2B telemarketing lead generation introduction brief and to the point.
- How brief? Twenty to thirty seconds! That’s all you get. So be accurate, concise,and persuasive. Are you starting to see why you need a B2B telemarketing lead generation script?
- Relax. Dialog and delivery in movies, TV, and plays flows from carefully crafted scripts. Yet these staged conversations sound completely natural and spontaneous. Effective telemarketing sales lead generation is no different. Subtle inflections and pauses make your presentation more natural and far more believable.
- Prospect Qualify. Good prospects…weak prospects? Find out who’s who by asking specific questions. For example, “Does this interest you?” Or “When would you like me to recontact you”? Make prospect qualify questions part of every B2B telemarketing lead generation script!
- Automate your B2B Telemarketing Lead Generation Sales Process: You are at a HUGE disadvantage if you are not using rapid application management tools for your sales prospecting, lead management and appointment setting process.
- I’m talking about rapid application management of your cold calls and follow-up calls so you can speed through a prospect list in a small fraction of the time you’d spend dialing and making calls the old way. My favorite prospecting automation platform is TELEMAGIC.
- Test,Test,Test –—but control your variables carefully. Be especially careful with key words. You might think they don’t matter,but they do! So once you find a winning script, stick with every word of it!
Improve Your B2B telemarketing lead generation efficiency
Get updates on ways B2B telemarketing lead generation can help your business grow —especially in this economy.
Also, go here for DMA 2012 response rate reports for lead generation marketing media. Plus this Advertising Age update on B2B phone marketing.
Also, if you do nothing else today click and read this: