Sales Process for Acquiring New Business Prospects By Over-the-Phone Sales Prospecting
Acquiring new business prospects begins with finding the right prospects. [singlepic id=3 w=320 h=240 float=right]
A method I favor is over-the-phone sales prospecting. It’s simple and easy to manage because you can do it on your own time.
But how to do it. Where to begin?
- Start with introductory cold calls that qualify each prospect to determine if your business is a good fit for what they need. Make your introduction specific and brief…twenty seconds or less.
- Keep your call relaxed, almost informal tone. A sales script you write yourself and are comfortable using will help you accomplish this by giving you confidence and the ability to control each call.
- Acquiring new business prospects by phone is about information gathering. That means finding out if the person you are calling is a qualified sales prospect. Your lead generation sales script guides you into asking specific questions that properly qualify —or disqualify— each prospect.
- Picture a crowded room.[singlepic id=61 w=220 h=140 float=left]Your goal: find the folks interested in your offer. How to do it? Ask for a show of hands. There, that’s the goal of your cold call — (1) finding the right prospects; (2) separating them from the crowd; then (3) qualifying their interest level.
- It’s here the weak prospects are weeded out…and the better qualified prospects are engaged for careful and methodical follow-up calls.
- Acquiring new business prospects requires educating your prospects — over time — on on why they are better off buying from you rather than from your competitors.[singlepic id=27 w=220 h=140 float=left]
- Use contact management programs. Acquiring new business prospects from contact lists scattered about on scraps of paper or on business cards is fine. But enter these prospect names into your contact management program for effective sales prospecting follow-up.
- Be patient. Acquiring new business prospects is process. You’ll get more appointments if you build your prospect list with routine follow-up calls.
- Acquiring new business prospects by phone marketing is a form of direct marketing. And building [singlepic id=74 w=220 h=140 float=right]a highly targeted database is the key to any successful direct marketing campaign.
- Therefore, view each call as a means for fine tuning your customer development database. It’s a work in progress that never ends!
Improve Your Business Development Phone Marketing
Get updates on ways Acquiring New Customers by Phone Marketing can help your cold call sales process —especially in this economy.
Also, go here for DMA 2012 response rate reports for lead generation marketing media. Plus this Advertising Age update on B2B phone marketing.
Also, for further study:
- Harvard Business Review On Cold Call Sales Prospecting
- 7 New Rules for Prospecting In The Age of The Customer
- Survey of best media for highest QUALITY sales lead generation.
Acquiring New Business Prospects Updates
Seven Reasons To Subscribe
1. Tested Acquiring New Business Prospects Tips On How To Engage Your Sales Prospect.
You’ll learn how to better engage your sales prospect, build trust, get referrals from your prospects that allow you to make more sales and get more repeat business.“Profit in business comes from repeat customers that boast about your product or service, and bring friends with them.” …W. Edwards Deming
2. Sales Prospecting Lead Generation List-Building .[singlepic id=3 w=320 h=240 float=right]
You’ll learn how to build a list of cold call B2B sales prospects into a house list of qualified sales prospects you can market to with new offers for your products and services. “The aim of marketing is to know and understand the customer so well the product or service fits him and sells itself.” … Peter F. Drucker
3. CRM Phone Based Sales Prospecting Lead Generation
You’ll learn how to find more new customers, turn more prospects into loyal customers and make more money for your company. “We let folks know we’re interested in them and that they’re vital to us. cause they are.” …Sam Walton
4. Test & Measure Your Way To Greater Sales Prospecting Profits.
Small frugal tests are the way to go. I’ll share results of what’s working in B2B phone marketing…and why! “Almost any (advertising) question can be answered cheaply, quickly and finally by a test campaign. And that’s they way to answer them — not by arguments around a table.” …Claude Hopkins
5. No Sales Prospecting Mumbo Jumbo
What you’ll get from me will be clear, concise, maybe at times fun to read! “Our business is infested with idiots who try to impress by using pretentious jargon. David Ogilvy
6. Practical Acquiring New Business Prospects Tips
Easy-to-use sales prospecting tips you can start using at once to drum up new business and better manage your company’s interaction with customers, clients, and sales prospects. “Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice.” Anton Chekov
7. Free Direct Marketing E-Book[singlepic id=16 w=320 h=240 float=right]
I saved the best for last! This 96 page book is jammed full of time tested ways to spend less but get more out of your advertising and direct marketing sales prospecting lead generation. “Nobody, at any level, should be allowed to have anything to do with advertising until he has read this book seven times.” …David Ogilvy
Subscribe For Free Today
If you’re a growing business you cannot afford to miss out on these practical acquiring new business prospects tips.
Go ahead and sign up now. Your phone can help your business grow —especially in this economy.